Aquatec SWP-4000 Submersible Solar Water Pump
The Aquatec SWP-4000 pump is a direct competitor to the Shurflo 9300 submersible pump. Unlike the Shurflo 9300 the pump is manufactured in the USA. It has several features that have tried to address the issues with the cable plug kit used on the Shurflo 9300 pump. Although in most cases the cable plug kit on the Shurflo 9300 is water tight, if installed incorrectly it can allow water to enter the pump and damage the motor. Aquatec have resolved this issue by using factory installed wires coming from the pump that require a simple splice kit to connect the power input wires to the pump. The Aquatec swp-4000 even uses an anti‐wicking cable entrance to protect the motor from an incorrectly installed splice. The SWP-4000 has a stainless steel housing and safety rope eyelet compared to Shurflos ABS canister and safety rope eyelet.
One difference the shurflo does have over the Aquatec is the gpm. The gpm of shurflo at 20 feet head is 1.95gpm compared to the Aquatec's 1.7gpm at 20 feet. Towards the 230 foot lift the gpm are fairly equal at 1.36gpm ( Shurflo) and 1.25gpm (Aquatec). Don't forget that if you have a head under the 120 feet and a 6" diameter well casing then the SWP-6000 can provide flow rates of up to 5gpm.
Just as the Shurflo 9300, the swp-4000 pump requires a well casing diameter of 4 in. or greater. The SWP-4000 is field serviceable and should be serviced after 2-4 years of operation (replace diaphragm, valves and motor brushes). Warranty is 12 months from date of purchase or 18 months from date of manufacturing.
In order to calculate minimum solar array size required multiply the amps times the voltage ( for solar direct on 24v nominal array use 30vdc) then mulitply by 1.25. For example 40 feet head running 24vdc solar direct. 30 x 3.1 x 1.25 = 116w
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Made in USA with proven Aquatec design and quality.
- SWP‐4000 Fits well casings 4 or larger. SWP‐6000 fits well casings 6 or larger.
- Pump is protected from moisture intrusion by double‐oring seals.
- Capable of pumping from depths of up to 230 ft (SWP‐4000), and 120 ft (SWP‐6000).
- Able to operate with voltage up to 30 vdc.
- Rugged Stainless Steel shell construction for optimum durability and corrosion resistance.
- Factory installed 36 of 12 ga. motor leads eliminate failure from improperly field installed leads.
- Dual‐size port outlet can accommodate ½ hose barb and ½ drop pipe (0.622 ID) or 5/8 hose barb.
- Anti‐wicking cable entrance protects the motor from an incorrectly installed splice.
- Over‐sized eyelet for easy installation of safety line.
- Built‐in 50 mesh stainless steel screen to prevent debris intrusion.
- Field serviceable with our full line of repair kits.
- Warranty of 12 months from date of purchase not to exceed 18 months from date of
- Recyclable packaging
|Aquatec SWP-4000 Pump Performance
|Feet of Head
||12 Vdc Performance
||24 Vdc Performance
||30 Vdc Performance