PICOCell 3500 Pump Drive Controller
The PicoCell can run either single or three phase pumps, both 115 and 230Vac, and 50 or 60Hz, just by selecting the correct DIP switch combination that matches the AC pump’s parameters. Because the PicoCell is a firmware based architecture it can “adapt” the power to accommodate the initial power surge needed to start an AC motor. The PicoCell greatly simplifies the design, procurement and installation of a solar pumping system. By representing an integrated system that incorporates the functionality normally served by a complex mix of system components such as an inverter, variable frequency drive, MPPT controller, voltage boost and phase initiator (for 3 wire motors). All of this functionality is in one integrated device with a form factor smaller than a common tissue box.
The PicoCell represents a truly universal solar controller where the same unit can run any AC motor load: pump, compressor, fan, etc. To optimize system efficiency the unit generates a true sine wave with variable frequency to match the available power coming from the solar PV with pump power at all times.
- Run installed or new A/C Pumps
- motor/pump/compressor with free solar power up to 3HP
- Universal controller for 1.5HP-3HP motors – Single/Three Phase, 50/60Hz, 120V/240Vac
- Smart technology that is easy to deploy, and can provide significant cost savings
- Small sized box, simple hook up, weather proof, durable and automatic starting capacity
- Maximizes solar panel efficiency allowing fewer panels to supply the needed power
- Changes a 1 or 2 speed A/C motor into a soft start, VFD (Variable Frequency Drive)
- VFD extends useful pump time by running motor during lower solar output
- Solar Projects for homes and business can qualify for Tax Credits, Grants, State and Local Rebates and incentive programs
- WiFi communication/control modules available as optional accessories
- Patented, Engineered and Manufactured in the USA
- PicoCell supports up to 2 digital and 2 analog inputs
- Integrated DC Disconnect and PV Parallel Junction