Sun-Mar Model 511 Plus Ultra Low Flush Toilet
The 511+ low flush toilet is for use with Centrex water flush central systems. It is important to note that when you purchase this low flush toilet, all you are getting is the toilet fixture to be installed in the bathroom. The central composting system that handles the waste is sold separately.
The 511+ low flush toilet uses about one pint of water per flush, providing all the advantages of a regular flush toilet while minimizing water usage. Available in white or bone colors, and featuring a regular sized toilet seat, more than one low flush toilet can be installed with water flush central composting systems. This is because the capacity limitation is based on the number of people using the central unit, rather than the number of toilets connected to it. The advantage of the model 511+ is that it's specifically designed for installations where extra height is needed to allow hte toilet to gravity feed to the composting unit. In such cases, the 511+ with its low 13" seat height can be mounted on a platform, allowing the waste pipe to go out above the floor.
This low flush toilet has no water tank. It is flushed by a foot pedal which opens a water valve, discharging waste while pushed down, and filling the bowl when lifted. After flushing, a small amount of water is held in the toilet bowl, which is sealed by a teflon and rubber seal. Even gravity fed water from a roof tank is sufficient to flush this toilet, and in winter, it can be flushed manually using a container.
The 511+ low flush toilet should be mounted directly to the floor (or surface of platform) with a 3" diameter four bolt flange (included with toilet). The water supply should be connected to the 1/2" MPT fitting at the rear of the toilet using a 1/2" FPT fitting. The toilet is then connected to the central composting unit below using standard 3" DWV plumbing pipe. (Please note, the 1/2" FPT fitting and 3" DWV plumbing pipe are not supplied; you will have to purchase these items on your own at your local hardware or plumbing supply store.)
- Ceramic low flush toilet fixture for use with water flush central composting systems, SOLD SEPARATELY
- Uses about one pint of water per flush
- No water tank
- Flushed by a foot pedal that opens a water valve, discharging waste when pushed down and filling the bowl with a small amount of water once lifted
- Available in your choice of Bone or White colors
- Uses a standard sized toilet seat
- 13" seat height means this toilet can be mounted on a platform for installations where extra height is needed for the waste pipe.
- 3" diameter four bolt flange is included with toilet, at no extra charge
- Several items will be required for installation, but are not included with the toilet:
- 1/2" FPT fitting
- 3" DWV plumbing pipe
- More than one toilet can be installed on a water flush central composting system because the capacity limitation is based on the number of people using the system rather than the number of toilets
- 13" seat height
- Product Weight: 40 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 43 lbs.
- This product ships from Tonawanda, New York
- Limited Manufacturer's Warranty:
- 5 Years on shell
- 3 Years on all other parts