Solar Converters Battery Equalizer/DC Autotransformer EQ 24v/48v-10amp
This unit is an up or down voltage converter whose output is proportional to its input. It functions both ways, producing 24 V @ 10 Amps from a 48 V input or can be connected backwards to produce 48 V @ 5 Amps from a 24 V input. When connected accross a 48 V battery, it functions as a battery equalizer, allowing loads to be taken off of the 24 V battery section of a 48 V battery pack without fear of damage to the battery pack due to voltage mismatch.
- >95% efficiency, typically 96% over 20% load
- Bi-directional power flow
- Weatherproof, NEMA 4 enclosure
||Input low side
||Input high side
|Input Voltage (nominal battery)
|Ripple at load
||30 mv rms
||30 mv rms
- Enclosure: Weatherproof, NEMA 4 enclosure
- Dimensions: 4.5" X 2.5" X 2" nominal, resembling a junction box with feet
- Weight: approx. 2 lbs. Temperature Range: -40 deg C to 60 deg C
- It is recommended, as with all electronics, that the unit not be placed in direct sunshine.
- Terminations: 6" flying leads
- Red: High Input +
- Black common Neg - for input and output voltage
- White: Low Input +
- Wire size: red, black, white: Power leads #12 AWG
- Humidity: N/A weatherproof
NOTE: This unit should not be used as a step up or step down transformer to power a load directly. Step up applications can use the CV, constant voltage regulator units and step down applications can use the PPT step down transformer. Using the EQ in either of these applications can cause damage to the EQ and will void warranty.