Dankoff Solar Suncentric Pump 7324 12V PV Direct
Min 117w array 15gpm @ 5' TDH
Dankoff SunCentric Series Centrifugal Pumps
PV Direct and Battery Based Models
The SunCentric uses solar-electric power to pump as much as 50,000 gallons (200 m³) per day from shallow water sources.
Applications include irrigation, live stock, domestic water, pond management, water tr eatment, solar water heating, hydronic space heating and fire protection. These pumps have been in worldwide use since 1989. They can be used without batteries. Maximum suction lift is 10 vertical feet (3 m).
PV Direct Applications
- A PV-direct system uses water storage instead of batteries. This is the simplest and most reliable system, and is easy to transport.
- No electronic controls are required
- A solar tracker (optional) will help to maintain optimum flow through the entire solar day
- Storage of 3-7 days' water demand is recommended
- Optimum for circulation of solar-heated water
- Sump Pump
Battery Based Applications
- A battery system is best where there is need for constant pressure or pressure on demand, or where a tank is not feasible, or where a battery system is required for other power applications.
- Batteries can be charged by any power source
To choose the best pump for your application, select the appropriate chart of "PV Array-Direct Applications" or "Battery Applications".
- Total Dynamic Head = Vertical distance from surface of the water source to the discharge or top of storage tank + pipe friction losses.
- Use solid line grid for English units. Use broken line grid for metric units.
- Locate the coordinates for the required head and flow.
- Find the pump curve that is nearest to that point.
- If there is more than one curve to chose from, compare the power requirements.
- For PV-Direct systems, array sizing (watts) is critical. DO NOT undersize the array. ** For oversizing the array, you should have no more than 145% of the minimum pv watts required.
- Suction limit is 10 vertical feet (3 m) at sea level-subtract 1 foot for every 1000 ft. elevation (1 m per km).
- For best reliability, place the pump low and close to the water source to minimize or eliminate suction.
- Place the pump close to the water source to minimize suction lift. This will minimize the possibility of cavitation which causes excessive wear and loss of performance.
- Horizontal position: Place outlet at the top. It can be rotated to face horizontally or vertically upward.
- Vertical position: Place motor on top.
- Pump must be sheltered from rain and direct sunlight.
Wire and Pipe Requirements
- Intake pipe: Pipe should be as direct and short as possible. Avoid any high point that can trap an air pocket.
- Refer to a pipe sizing chart (included with the pump instructions). Pipe may need to be larger than the pump ports. Undersized pipe will greatly decrease pump performance.
- Refer to a low voltage wire sizing chart. Size the wire for less than 3% voltage drop. Undersized wire will greatly decrease pump performance.
- Fuse or circuit breaker is required.
- Ampere rating = amps at the pump + 15-25%
- Minimum DC voltage rating = volts at the pump X 2. (Type FRN fuses are rated 125V DC)
- No regular maintenance is required.
- Pump can be repaired in the field using ordinary tools and skills, without removing the pipes.
- Instruction manual shows illustrated repair details.
- Motor brushes: Typical brush life peak hours = working voltage X 800 / 3rd digit of model number. EXAMPLE: PV-Direct curve #60 is Model 7526 working at 30V. Typical brush life = 30 X 800 / 2 = 12,000 peak hours. This represents about 5-8 years of service.
- Shaft seal has a very long life under normal conditions. Purchase spare seals if water is loaded with abrasive silt or if pump can possibly run dry.
- Pump body: cast iron, ASTM A48-76
- Impeller: glass filled polycarbonate
- Seal: carbon/ceramic, industry standard
- Temperature limit: 140°F (60°C)
High Temperature Option
- Temperature limit: 212°F (100°C)
- Impeller: brass
- Brass impeller reduces flow by approximately 15% (power is same)
- Make sure to request the HIGH TEMPERATURE version of the pump in the comments section of your order.
- Foot Valve (required if pump is placed higher than water source)
- Float switches: please inquire
- Seal & Gasket Kit: specify pump number, and if high temperature
- Motor Brush Kits: specify model number
- Two years against defects in materials and workmanship.